We will be marching in Denver on April 28th, in solidarity with people in all fifty states! Please share with other like-minded women, and the men who love them. Families welcome!
The Greek Amphitheater at Civic Center Park and
Steps of the State Capital
200 E. Colfax
Denver, CO 80203
Help defend women’s rights and pursuit of equality. Join Americans all over the United States on April 28th, 2012, as we come together as one to tell members of Congress in Washington DC and legislators all over the country…”enough is enough”! All people should have the freedom to make medical decisions about their own care and well-being without intrusions from government, business or religious ideologies. Individuals and families have the right to choose, or reject birth control, and to determine the size of their family based on their own beliefs and values without intrusions.
AMERICANS have the strength, the courage and the moral fortitude to make reasonable choices without interference from self-serving political interests, extremist religious groups, or boundary-pushing employers.
Everyone is welcome to join, plan, and march as we stand together and demand that every person be granted equal opportunities, equal rights, and equal representation.
9:30 am – Assemble, music
10:00 – 11:00am – State and federal legislators, entertainers, poets, faith leaders, and other community leaders will address the crowd.
- Confirmed speakers via Senator Morgan Carroll: State Legislators Betty Boyd, Lucia Guzman, Crisanta Duran, Lois Court, Linda Newell and Morgan Carroll. Congressional Candidate Joe Miklosi. Other legislators and candidates for state level offices will be standing with them.
- International Human Rights Attorney Beth Klein (Beth received an award for being one of the top 50 most powerful women in America).
- Rev. Dr. Nori Rost (rhymes with Lost) Minister at All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church Colorado Springs
- Invited: Congresspersons Polis, Bennet, Udall, DeGette and Perlmutter and their wives. None confirmed.(Congresswoman DeGette is out of town that weekend for her Law School Reunion. Others considering.)
- Entertainment confirmed: Susie Q Smith (Poet, local civil rights activist and 3rd in the world for female spoken word artists) and the Foxfield Four (formerly, the David James Band). Invited, but not yet confirmed: Raging Grannies
- Sound system may possibly be borrowed from AM760 (see publicity) — waiting to hear back.
11:00am – March
11:30am – 12:30pm – Lunch
Music as marchers return. Marchers will be encouraged to picnic in the park with their families until 12:30pm, if it is a nice day. (We will not be selling anything ourselves. Vendors with hand- carts may show up. We have been informed some vendors know about our event.)
Please share this invitation with every woman you know… and with the men who love them!
For Car Pool and Accommodations information, go to the group page, and look on the upper right-hand corner for “Documents” to find people in your area under “groups”. Please carpool when possible!
For more information, visit the Facebook Page